Friday, October 9, 2009

Exercise - good for the soul

Well, I went to exercise at Curves 2 times last week. I may go tomorrow (Saturday), too. We'll see! I usually go at lunch time and the women who are there are "middle aged" like me. I am guessing we are all trying to gain some of that muscle tone we have lost due to inactivity and aging. Ugh!

I have discovered muscles I forgot I had and a sense of accomplishment that surprised me. I work hard at the machines and am a little sore afterwards. Which I think is good.

I was athletic in High School but that was a looooong time ago. Since then I have exercised sporadically, if at all.

It feels wonderful to awaken that "power(?)." Understand that power is a relative term. What is powerful to a hummingbird is not powerful to a lion. I am more on the hummingbird side! I'm working toward the lion!!

Wish me luck in keeping motivated.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Exercise is good for the soul! Keep at it! You'll be glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that....land sakes! Sounds like another one I may want to use!

    Good for you for doing Curves for the second time. I would be too afraid of making a fool out of myself...an issue that God is going to have to change in me. I really shouldn't care at all what other people think.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete