Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Working for God

I have a little book of daily devotions - more phrases to ponder than devotions really. Anyway, the one yesterday was Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive and inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

I can forget that so easily and I need to remember it everyday. I don't work for me, I don't work for my boss, I work to bring glory to God. It puts so many things in perspective and makes life so much less stressful. My decisions are better, my day is more filled with joy and my vision of the future is clearer and brighter.

The next time someone asks me who I work for, I hope I answer "The Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment