Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hill, What Hill?

Today I visited the Eye Doctor. I know there is a more proper name for his profession but this describes it better. Anyway, after not being able to read the bottom line on the chart and having a discussion about my beginnings of cataracts, I left feeling that age was catching up with me. It probably has already caught me but I have been in denial!

When I have these moments when I feel my age, I often think about my Mother and realize that she had these same thoughts, feelings, realizations and moments of reflection about what was happening to her body as she aged. She never shared them with me but, then again, I didn't ask either. It's an odd feeling to take a bunch of prescriptions, be getting cataracts, have less energy and muscle tone than you had just five years ago and yet not feel any different than you did when you were 18. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor!

So right now, my body and my mind (such as it is) are having an argument as to whether I am near the Hill, over the Hill or on the downward slide. I think my mind is winning because it won't even let me see the Hill, let alone climb it. I think I'll stick with that until my next doctor's appointment. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. The enemy can play some mean tricks on us. My guess is that your still climbing, the cataract is just a bump in the road.

    ReplyDelete