Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Enemy

Isn't it interesting that after my Blog about Joy that I would hit an incredible low last night? Like most people, I would like to assume that everyone likes me but,sadly, that isn't true. I am dealing with that now in a very pubic forum, the church. Even in churches, emotions run high. As Christians, we are not exempt from anger, pettiness, pride, gossip, hurt feelings, and all other human feelings. We pretend we are above those things but we are not.

I know it's trite but if we thought, what would Jesus do and then actually did it, many relationship problems in the church might be avoided. We think WWJD but then we exercise our God given free will and that can lead to mistakes.

My heart was sick at the thought that I had engendered such anger in another person. I am still feeling a bit like I had been punched in the stomach.

I have been told that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. But sometimes, I think he over estimates my strength.

After speaking with my Pastor and being reassured that I would survive and being prayed for, I did felt better. It didn't solve the problem but I could view it more objectively.

I know that God will give me strength and the right words to do what I have to do and he IS in charge after all. And most amazing is that I will feel JOY through the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! I hate it when that happens. I am praying for you. Much joy, in spite of what is happening.

    ReplyDelete