Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weight Loss

A few months ago it became apparent that I needed to lose a little weight. Not a lot - 15 - 20 pounds. On my 5 foot 6 inch frame, it would be hardly noticeable.

But my clothes were tight and I was beginning to get a "belly." UGH.

That was when I found out that I have no will power or self control. All I had to do was think the word "diet" and I was immediately eating everything that wasn't nailed down. I would get so disgusted with myself. It made me mad at myself and a little depressed.

I did try to lose weight on my own with no success. I thought about Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig but just did not feel motivated. I didn't want to get up in front of a bunch of ladies who were struggling with 50 pounds or more with my measly 15 pounds. I would feel like a fake.

Then I saw a friend who had lost 46 pounds on a particular program and I knew I needed that help.

I started 3 weeks ago and I have lost 8 1/2 pounds. I eat regular food, nothing pre-packaged except for 2 protein drinks a day. It is hard and requires the discipline that I was sure I didn't have.

I am thrilled. I have more energy, my blood pressure is going down, my clothes are beginning to fit better. And all of that keeps me going.

I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that were way too tight a few weeks ago and now not only do they fit better but they seem to have gotten longer, go figure!

I know that God gave me this body just the way it is but I need to take care of it so it functions the way He designed it to function. I feel I am doing that now.

What little self improvement issue do you struggle with and just can't seem to conquer? God will help you find the way and the friends he brought you will be a big support.

No comments:

Post a Comment