Growing older is something I cannot escape. I'm not sure I want to. It is all part of God's plan and I am enjoying every confusing, aching, exhilarating moment.
It is confusing because most days I feel like I did 40 years ago and then I look in the mirror and wonder what happened.
It is confusing because sometimes I forget people's names, I can't find quite the right word, I stutter over what I want to say but most of the time my mind is as good as it was 40 years ago. I guess it's more full of stuff!
It is aching because there are times I hurt in places I wasn't sure you could hurt in. Who knew?
It is exhilarating because life is wonderful and I am still here to experience it.
I have discovered a few things that might be helpful to others:
1. When putting on blush after a "certain age," don't smile to make that little apple. Because when you are not smiling, your blush will drop next to your mouth.
2. I find I look better without mascara than with. It keeps me from having that smudged look. You know like the football players on TV! And it makes my eyes look bluer!
3. There may be more aches and pains but the joys are deeper, sweeter and more appreciated than when I was younger.
4. My husband still sees me as young and attractive no matter what I do. I thought about checking his eyesight but decided against it!
5. I know what matters in life much more than I did when I was younger. God, love, friends, family and a good cup of coffee. Possessions are not as important and sunrise is.
I plan to live a long, long time. God may have other plans but as long as He isn't calling me home, I am loving every minute of my life.