Saturday, April 10, 2010

SPRING TIME


SPRING TIME
I love warm weather and the smell of the warm, fresh earth and the flowers and the trees.
Today the temperature was warm and the sun was shining and I went out and tackled my long neglected garden. I filled our trash bin and one paper lawn sack with debris. What fun!
The garden looks wonderful with its new growth and its fresh brown dirt. It lifted my spirits. I am amazed that these tiny green things survived our harsh Nebraska winter and pushed again up through the soil to drink in the sunshine and wave gently in the breeze. I am overcome with joy.
When I look at my garden and all the growing things at this time of year, I imagine what God felt like when he created it all. How happy he must have been to see it all come together. "He saw that it was good." What an understatement! It is more than good, it is awesome!
When I am taking care of my garden, I am taking care of God's creation and I love it.
As the garden matures, I will post some pictures. I am not a master gardener by any means but I am a happy one.

1 comment:

  1. Gardening always brings out the joy of God's creation in me -- especially at this time of year, with the green so vibrant, and the shoots so tender!

    ReplyDelete