Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I have a book in me somewhere

Years ago I started a book. It was so long ago that is was typed on a typewriter! Wow!

It is a fictional story based on my grandfather's life in the late 1800's. He was born in 1870. I read the story he wrote about his life when he was in his 80's and thought it was fascinating. It sparked my imagination. Sort of a male version of Little House on the Prairie with 11 siblings.

I had written about 50 pages and now I can't find it. I am sick about that. I know it has to be in the house somewhere. Paper and ink do not sprout legs and walk off but I have looked everywhere. Well, obviously not everywhere or I would have found it.

Maybe it's God's way of saying I should start over or start something new. I don't know.

Pray for me to find my story or to have the will to start a new story.

Have you ever misplaced something and felt that God was trying to direct you through that?

3 comments:

  1. May God bless you as you begin your writing journey again. Who knows what He has in store? And your story sounds intriguing.

    I stopped blogging for about two years. I felt like the Lord was telling me to wait, and just now, I've restarted my writing. It took that long until I felt I had the green light.

    God bless you.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure have and even though I still haven't located, I believe that it means that God is going to bring something different and new in its place. I also think you'll find it but when the time is right. In the meantime, decide if you want to start all over again. You may find that it's so much easier than typing on a typewriter! I feel for you...definitely, I know what it feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find it!

    If you are like me, there are just too many places that it could be--

    Anxious to read your story.

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete