Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas interruptus

Well, we had planned to drive to Colorado to spend Christmas with my sister and her family. I say HAD planned because there is a big winter storm that may change our plans.

I will be greatly disappointed. We were there 2 years ago and had a wonderful time. God granted us a white Christmas after we got to my sister's house so our travel was safe and uneventful. Not so this year.

I believe that God controls everything and if we cannot travel to Colorado then it is part of his plan. There is a reason we should stay home. We won't know what that plan or reason is until it happens. I am at peace with that(sort of.)

I don't understand God sometimes but I do trust in Him (most of the time. I'm getting better at it all the time.) I know he would never do anything that wasn't in my best interest. But snow? I'm not sure how that is in my best interest but I guess I'll wait, trust, and eagerly anticipate. I'll let you know what happens.

All of you have a blessed, joyous and peaceful Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Trust in God is the name of the game, isn't it?

    Now that we are back from Florida, I am wishing for those relatively warm 50-degree temperatures again. I'm already done with this snow...and it's not even January yet!

    Hope your holiday was lovely (sorry you couldn't get to Colorado). And I hope to see you next week (Jan. 4) at the Mill for the reading -- I am getting nervous! And I better get my act together...not sure what selections I'll be reading yet!

    ReplyDelete